Saturday 24 May 2008

Weekend Sketch Challenge #49

This is my version of Beate's sketch for this weekend's challenge.

The flower is made from linen textured cream card. I used one of my No Tools flower petal shapes as a template, and drew round it on the back of the card as I couldn't fold it to cut them out. Still didn't take too long to do. I left the cream card plain, and just shaped it before sticking the petals on to a snowflake. The centre is a 1" Woodware Blink Blink punch, and a mini Woodware punch which they just call Flower. The leaves were punched with a Leone Em (Woodware) Evergreen Punch. The two plain colours of card used in the backing are Bazzill, and the gorgeous patterned paper is K & Co Smitten Paisley Glittered Paper. Click on the picture above to enlarge it so that you can see the detail and the glitter better.

11 comments:

Lori said...

Wow, gorgeous card! I will definately be casing this one! Thanks for sharing it

Anonymous said...

Wow ... what a gorgeous card ... love the dimension of that beautiful flower.

Phyllis Strickland said...

aLL YOUR CARDS ARE SO LOVELY! yOUR PAPER FLOWERS ARE AMAZING.

karie said...

Stunning! I love the color combo. I have tried making a few flowers using your no tools method and am really proud of myself. They don't compare with yours, but I'm hoping they'll get better with practice. Thanks for the inspiration!

Dawny P said...

Hi Joanne. I just found your beautiful blog and I just had to say that your flowers are stunning. I have left a link on my blog to yours - hope that's ok - and will keep popping back to see what's new xxx

Baukje said...

I love this, the colours are great.

Anonymous said...

Wow! wow! wow! What an elegant card! Love everything about it, layout colours, textures. Just looks so professional. Well done, keep them coming!

elayne said...

I love love love getting your creations. I'll try them all.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog recently via craftyd's creations http://www.zanyzinnia.com/craftyd/ and I just love your flowers! I'm going to have to give it a try! Beautiful card! ~~Pam
www.cardcrazy.etsy.com

Myrt said...

....absolutely gorgeous card, Joanne, but then, ALL your cards are wonderful......great colours...

Anonymous said...

your work is amazing some of the flowers look so real i will continue to visit your site.
thanks for sharing
angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...