Friday 2 May 2008

Autumn Owl

This card was made using a digital backing paper designed by Carol (carolivy64 of Circle of Crafters). I sized the picture to fit a 15x10.5cm card (which is roughly 6x4.25"), and printed the whole image out twice on thinnish card. One image I ran through my Cuttlebug with the Distressed Lines folder, and slightly roughed up the edges with my scissor blade. The other image, I cut off the outer band to the inner shadow line and stuck on top of the embossed image. I also printed off two other copies (cropped digitally to save ink) and cut out the circle with the owl and branches, and then just the owl. I also roughed up the edges of the circle, and coloured them with a marker to make the circle stand out. I layered the circle and the owl with thin foam pads. A little bit of Stickles glitter glue on the branches to hopefully look like they are twinkling in the moonlight with frost! I matted the whole thing on to brown Bazzill. The sentiment is a rub-on put onto a piece of the same brown Bazzil.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely autumn picture. I am son going to have a go at the no tool flowers. I keep getting insperation from Carolivy for my iri folding. The c o c site has so many friendly people. It helps when one is a new comer at this type of craft. Audrey xx

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I've been looking at all of your cards (they are great) and I really like this one. I feel inspired to try and make some...

-Emma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...