Sunday 11 May 2008

Frogs with Balloons

I made this card for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #47, and then realised that it fits the bill for the Stamp Something Challenge - First Somethings, so it's entered in that one too! It qualifies as the first time I have used something - my new Penny Black Toadily Yours stamp.
The patterned papers are double sided by Pebbles Inc - the spotty one is Easter Time Sprinkles/Green, and the other is Zoo Fun Animal/Wave. The orange and green card is Bazzill. Ran the green through my Cuttlebug in the Happy Birthday folder.
The Toads were stamped on plain white card in black ink, and coloured in using markers and an aqua brush. I masked off the flowers that they should be holding with tape whilst inking up, and then removed it before stamping. (Actually, I didn't remove it before stamping - said a rude word - then inked it up again and stamped a second image having remembered to remove the tape!) Lightly chalked and distressed the edge of the oval, and hand doodled a frame. I cut the slit for the tape using a small round hole punch to punch two holes and cut between them with a craft knife. I am so pleased to finally have bought myself some woven tape - even if I don't know what it's properly called! Really like it for when I don't want pretty. I made myself a little balloon template, and cut out three orange Bazzill balloons. Shaded the edges with a little chalk, and tied on three strands of embroidery cotton. Used an embossing ball tool from the back to give them a little dimension. Then I poked holes in the card on each side of the toads' hands and used a needle to thread the strands through. The threads are held in place on the back of the card with a little tape to stop them slipping out. Foam pads in the middle of the balloons to stick them to the card.

11 comments:

Michelle Tech said...

Omygosh, this is so cute! Great job!

tracie said...

oh wow this is fabulous, I love the cute stamp and the balloons are fab :-)x

Anonymous said...

Adorable card! Thanks for playing.
Hugs and smiles

Erin... said...

what a cute card!! i love your free-handed dooodles. great job withboth challenges.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

How cute is that stamp! Love it! Great details and colors. Love those balloons. Thanks for playing along! :)

PeeJay said...

Great card. The tape is called twill and I've a fair bit of it as well!

Beth said...

This is fab! I love the stamp and the embossed background looks great!

Anonymous said...

aww, it's adorable.

Arlene,
Bainbridge Island flowers

Jenn said...

Simply adorable!!! Love the puffy look of the balloons.

Richelle said...

Great card! love the frogs and the embossed paper!

XxJULESxX said...

beautiful love the balloons!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...