Friday 29 August 2008

Fanfare Birthday Flower

The flower on this card is made with a medallion using the Fanfare Diamond Fold designed by Carolyninoz. At the end of the fold, I added another step, which was to fold back the little white corners like lapels, to show off more of the tile design. The diamond shaped tile used for the fold, the paper for the leaves and stem, the matting papers and the greeting strip were all computer generated using Photoshop. The embossing was done with the Cuttlebug and Distressed Lines folder on thin white card. The stem and leaves were cut freehand, and shaped with a needle tool to give the veining. Finished with a brad from Papermania in the centre of the flower.

Here is the tile I used for the fold.





Thank you to everyone who wished me a good holiday! We had a lovely, lazy time - hot, sunny weather, and a fabulous sea view from our villa balcony - about half a mile away down the hill.

post signature

7 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my is that ever lovely, what a neat idea to fold the tips back, so pretty and love the veining of your leaves!

retiredheather said...

Welcome back from your holiday. Great card. I love the paper you created. Wonderful.

Curt in Indy said...

This is an amazing card. Love the folding. You are so talented! Glad you are back! Best, Curt

Shirley said...

Lovely as always. You have such a knack for floding and then making beautiful cards.

Liza said...

You make brilliant cards Joanne. You have given me a lot of inspiration and I have had a go at a couple of your tutorials.... boxes and lily. The boxes are on my blog here and the lily will follow soon.
Liza x

Sue said...

Glad you have a wonderful holiday, this is really clever, I love it.

Keri Brown said...

I just found your blog and I love it... I absolutely love flowers too... Most of my cards seem to have flowers on them and I can't seem to get away from them.... Your cards are beautiful.... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...