Friday 2 May 2008

Cute Card Thursday #8 In the Garden

I first saw the Cute Card Thursday blog a couple of weeks ago, but this week is the first time I have managed to make a card for it. This card went together quite quickly for one of my cards! I took advice that I have seen recently and chose the papers etc first and then coloured the image. Good advice! I started out with a sketch I was going to follow, and then part way through, something completely different came to me and ended up doing that instead. Some cards just make themselves!
The stamp is by Penny Black - Lazy Days. Coloured with water colour pencils and aqua brush. Used my Nestabilities to cut the scalloped square and the green Bazzill behind it. The sentiment is a Papermania rub-on. I think that the flowery paper is Doodlebug. Finished off with flower brads, and two Nestability Flowers. The pearl brad in the centre of the flowers is coloured with a green permanent marker to match in with the card colours.

11 comments:

Richelle said...

Very cute..love the colors!

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card, fabulous stamp and I love th colours you have used.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

wendy said...

Great card! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Very cute.. I love the colors!

Jilli said...

really cute and great colours

Cecilia said...

It's cute card!

Sammi said...

Love the card!! Great colour too... yeah - I think my cards turn out better when i choose the colours first :) Sammi

debby4000 said...

Lovely cute card, love the colours.

Katharina Frei said...

This is such a wonderful card Joanne! Love the fresh colours and details!

Beth said...

This is gorgeous! I love how you've matched the flower and the stamp is so cute!

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Lovely card, beautiful colors. Like that PB stamp!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...