Tuesday 6 May 2008

More Two-for-Ones!

Two more cards made with the fold by Christian that I used on yesterday's card. I really like these to use as flowers, they do pop up from the page nicely.
Both cards are made from tiles that I designed from images of flowers - a passion flower and a dahlia. The backing papers were also designed from the same images.
On the medallion on the purple card, I again painted the white parts of the folded tile with H2Os - Moss Green - and put a pearl brad from Papermania in the centre. Faux stitching around the white linen effect card that the medallion is mounted on. I stamped the purple cardstock with one of the flourishes from a set by Hero Arts called Fantastic Flourishes. I used Versamark ink, and embossed with clear powder. I then marked lines on the back of the purple strip where I wanted to remove the rectangle, and tore it out and flipped it over to the other side of the card.
The words are from the Stampendous Flower Chat set, inked with a purple marker. I tore out the little rectangle around the words, and then tore a slightly larger one which I painted with the Moss Green before layering.













On this pink card, I again used a Papermania pearl brad in the centre of the medallion, but left the white parts as they were. I used some of the leaves from Tracey's freebie to frame the 'flower', setting everything on a pink Bazzill oval cut with a Nestability die. The white linen card is embossed with Swiss Dots, and the lower edge punched with a KureTake punch called Ring Heart. I just did one punch at each end, turning the card over for the second one to reverse the design.

5 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

These cards are stunning. The medallions look like a lot of work, but so beautiful. TFS

Linda said...

could you share the two for one fold with us...I couldn't find it on christine's site. I would love to learn this technique. It's gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

WOW Joanne!!
You have been busy :)
Loving your latest cards...
Your punch looks like one I have...I think it may be wrought iron by EK Success - but then again I could be wrong.

Minerva

Anonymous said...

the pink one is my fave!

Arlene,
Federal Way flowers

Anonymous said...

I love these flowers. I love your whole site -- so much eye candy. I've been trying to figure out this teabag fold, the two in one. It's no longer posted on the site you gave. Do you know where it might be posted or could you tell me how to fold it? I would love to try this flowers. Thanks.

Makaren
makaren@cox.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...