Thursday 22 May 2008

Double Pocket Bag

This is my version of the double pocket bag for the Splitcoaststampers TLC169.
I used one sheet of 12"x12" double sided paper by Crate Paper called Bubblegum. It's quite stiff, so has made a nice sturdy bag that stands up well. I made the first folds so that the reverse of the paper would show along the top of the bag.
I made a 'ribbon' strip to go around the top by cutting strips of Bazzill Bling Emerald and sticking them to white printer paper. Then I trimmed the paper with scalloped scissors along the edge of the Bazzill. I used two more strips to make the handles. Initially because I didn't have the right ribbon, but then decided that I liked it better anyway - easier to attach, and ties in nicely with the fake ribbon strip.
Another no tools flower - with printer paper again - same petal shape as my Be Inspired card, without the tip curled over, and coloured at the edges by swiping after shaping with a Color Box Chalk pad - Orchid Pastel. The centre was punched out of the printer paper with my Woodware Bling Bling punch, and coloured by stamping with the Color Box pad. The green centre is the smallest Woodware Christmas Flower punched from the green Bazzill. Leaves cut freehand with scissors.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great bag..i'm going to give this a go...

Minerva

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful, as is all of your things! So beautiful, in fact, that I have passed on a couple awards to you! Visit my blog to "pick them up"!
LeAnne

Cami said...

ALL of your flowers and projects are just gorgeous! I wish I had half of your talent/skills. I look forward to seeing more of your projects. Thank you for sharing your instructions.

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

Another gorgeous card... err bag! How do you get your scalloped scissors to cut so straight? You come show me, K?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...