Monday 5 May 2008

Papertake Weekly Challenge Card

This is my card using a sketch by Katharina for a Papertake Weekly Challenge. Far too late for the challenge, but I liked the sketch!

The papers were all computer generated, beginning with a tea bag tile that I designed. The rest of the papers were developed from the tea bag tile. The medallion uses a fold called Two-for-One designed by Christian of April Fool Designs. The fold shows both sides of the paper, so where the white back of the paper was showing, I painted with Persimmon Twinkling H2Os. It doesn't show in the photo, but as I painted it on nice and thickly, all the tips have quite a sheen on them.
The embossed layers were done with the Happy Birthday and Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug embossing folders, with the edges slightly distressed. I didn't have any brad colours that matched, so I sanded them lightly to give a key, and then painted them with the same colour of Twinkling H2O's as the medallion tips. I made it nice and thick. Then while it was wet, I dipped the brad into clear embossing powder and heated with my gun. Bit unorthodox perhaps, but it worked!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the tea bag folding-have done some in the past and now looks like a good time to get back in it. TFS joanne

Joan Ottevanger said...

A beautiful card love the folding and the colours.And the way you used the cuttlebug.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...