Friday 16 May 2008

More No Tools Flowers

This is the flower I showed at the end of the No Flowers Tutorial yesterday. I changed the shape of the petals and made them a little wider. They are cut from the back of an envelope that I received in the mail, and the mat behind the backing paper is cut from the front. The backing paper is a design by Carol. I used a Woodware Leone Em - Evergreen punch for the leaves, and an X-cut corner punch - Fleur for the corners. The words are from a set by Woodware (Francois Read) called Tiny Phrases.



Here I have adapted the shape of the pointed petal to be a bit fatter, and instead of curling the petal with a teaspoon handle (or shaping tool!) I used my needle tool (darning needle) to add veining on each side of the centre crease to look more like a poinsettia.

This veining also makes the petal curve up at the sides, and there is quite a bit of height to this flower. I added an extra green layer at the back to make the leaves. I glued in 7 tiny pearl beads for the centre instead of the rolled fringed paper strip. The backing paper is again one designed by Carol which has been matted onto a piece of the same green paper used for the leaves.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hiya Joanne, I know they are woodware punches, but where on earth did you get them from was it an online store? Hugs

Alex xx

Unknown said...

Joanne, I just loce thes for Christmas cards...no tools too, fantastic, thank you so much :)

Julie Allain said...

WOW Stunning cards and great recycling

Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz Joanne x

Crissi Harvey said...

Beautiful card joanne the flower is gorgeous.

Thanks for joining in the Arty Girlz recycling challenge.

crissi xx

Anonymous said...

Love your tutorials, what more can I say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...