Friday 5 September 2008

Cardboard Cake and Biggin Hill


My mum complained that there has been nothing on my blog for a few days - so as I don't want to get into any more trouble, here is my excuse for the lack of postings! Click on the image to be able to read the details on the poster.

On Sunday 14th September, two other Stampin' Up! demos and I are taking a booth at the Sincerely Yours show at Biggin Hill, in Kent. We have a variety of demonstrations planned, and there will be lots of examples of paper craft items to look at. We will be showing Stampin' Up! products in action, and we are able to take orders for anything in the current catalogue, including the retiring items. There will be a prize draw which will be free to enter for those present on the day.

So as you can imagine, lots of preparations to do, and samples to make. Here is what has been keeping me busy for the last two or three days - a cardboard cake. It will have some free offers inside the boxes, so if a showgoer makes a qualifying purchase, or books a home demonstration with one of us on the day, they will get to pick a slice and see which offer they will get.

If you are near enough, and decide to attend - do come and say hello!



Ingredients:

Card/Paper: Very Vanilla, Rose Red & Mellow Moss card, Rose Red Designer Prints Paper


Method:

I used a template to make the wedges from the vanilla card. Cut the red scalloped pieces with a Classic Circle Nestability die. Then I trimmed one side of it to taper as you can see in the picture. The green scalloped circles were punched with the Stampin' Up scallop punch. The larger green one in the centre of the cake was done with a Nestability die. The flowers were made using the designer paper, punched with the scallop punch, cut and shaped, then assembled. They are not difficult to do, but 15 is time-consuming! I plan to demo the flower making at the show.

post signature

26 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow Joanne that is fab. Please put the instructions on your blog when you get back.

Monica Gale said...

Absolutely fabulous!! Looks good enough to eat M xxx

Brenda said...

WOW, that cake looks good enough to eat! Please post instructions. TFS

Myrt said...

...oh my word, that is absolutely awesome. I'll bet that took awhile to make. If you notice a piece missing, I got hungry (lol).

Anonymous said...

Not Fair!!! I wish I lived closer, just a little??? :)
Rannah

Dawn S. said...

Goodness! That really looks good enough to eat! Very beautiful. TFS!

Dawn

retiredheather said...

Great cake...love the flowers. Any chance of showing how to make after the show? Wish I was close enough to go. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a fun holiday.

Your cake is making me very hungry...wish I lived nearer...good luck with the show...

If you have time I too would like to know how you have made the flowers.

Minerva

Anonymous said...

What a heavenly confection! Your wonderful creations never cease to amaze Joanne and this one really is de-l-i-cious.

Wish I lived close enough to come along on the 14th. Enjoy the show.

Anonymous said...

Your cake looks scrumptious! Your talent is beyond words. Too bad I live soooooooo far away!

Janis

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne
I'll let you off, it was really well worth waiting for.
Love Mum.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that looks good enough to eat, this is so cool!

Heather "Hev" said...

Good luck Joanne and I am sure the cake will tempt lots of your visitors :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome cake!!! I'd like it, too, if you could share the directions for making the beautiful flower when you return from your event - it's just gorgeous!!

Best wishes for a successful event!

Liza said...

The cake is amazing Joanne. I would love to know how to make it too.... I'm a big fan of your tutorials.

Liza x

Scrap Jaci said...

Very clever! Good luck atthe show and great job!

Jackie said...

Wow, amazing. Would also love to know how you made it.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Yes... please show us how you made it!!!

Good Luck with the show

Tracy.H said...

And do you plan to demo the flower here for us too??!! Simply beautiful!! :0)

Anonymous said...

Yes, please show how to make one too!! The flower too ok???
Rannah

Anonymous said...

can't come to the show but hope to see some pictures of your stand...and yes please do show us how to make those flowers

Curt in Indy said...

This is AMAZING! You have to tell us where you got the template! Just gorgeous! Best, Curt

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Absolutely stunning!!
Hope you did well :)

shelly said...

WOW! did ya hear that sound?.. it was my jaw dropping to the floor!! absolutely beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

I am speechless with admiration. The cake is just fantastic.

Mae Collins said...

Absolutely agree with all comments left - fabulous cake and would love to know how to create such a stunning show piece! TFS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...