At the field training there was a demonstrator's choice competition, where all demonstrators were invited to enter an item they had made. This is my entry made using one of the new stamp sets from the new Stampin' Up! idea book and catalogue. I forgot to take a picture of it, and it is now at the Stampin' Up office. Fortunately Carole, from In Love With Stamping came to my rescue, and sent me a picture that she took of it on Friday evening. Thank you Carole!
The set I used is called Season of Joy, and it's a really versatile set. Four out of the eight stamps are not exclusively for Christmas, so that makes it useful all year round. I love this set, and can see me using it frequently! It costs £24.95, which works out at only just over £3 per stamp, and will be available from the 1st of October. If you pre-order it from me at any time before the end of September, I will have it shipped directly to your door for only £2 postage. (Normally £4.) If you add another £25 to your order the postage will be free.
If you would like a copy of the new Stampin' Up idea book and catalogue, click on the contact me tab at the top to request a copy - only £3.50 including postage.
Card/Paper: Ruby Red, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Ruby Red, Old Olive, Versamark
Stamps: Season of Joy
Other:Certainly Celery Brads, Glue Dots, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
Stamped the red card with the poinsettia and small flower all over using Versamark. Made box using the method here. Pushing the boat out, I used red card for the base as well as the top, and stamped both sides of the card so that the inside of the box is patterned too! Stamped the flourish and small flowers on white card, matted onto the olive. Using a glue pen I put a spot of glue in the centre of each little red flower, and sprinkled with glitter. Corners were punched with a 1/2" circle punch. Stamped the poinsettia flower 9 times onto white card and cut each one out. Three of them I cut whole, the rest I removed every other petal when cutting. Used an embossing ball tool to cup the flowers, then stacked two of the three petal ones together and put on top of a whole one. The centres of the flowers were made with the brads. I molded a glue dot onto the head of each one and then dipped it into the glitter. Then glued the flowers onto the box in the centre of the stamped flourishes.