Friday 30 May 2008

Be Inspired #15 Card

Beate's Be Inspired Challenge this week was a challenge indeed! There is nothing about the dress that I like, and on my first look I gave up. But then I decided not to wimp out, and went back for a second go.
My first step was to see what card I had that matched the colours - does anyone else sit in front of the computer holding pieces of card up to the monitor? Anyway - I don't have anything approaching the grey in the dress, but did find a piece of bluey/grey that is very similar to one of the dress colours. Then I took the picture into Photoshop so that I could enlarge it and see more of the detail of the main circular design - which is flower-like!
As I don't have any stamps that would fit in with the look, I fished through my punches to see what I had to mimic the overall feel of it. I have one punch that broke recently - a bit of the cutting part snapped off. So it punches a swirl with a fat end. Worked out just fine for my 'flower' medallion! I punched out 12 white swirls and stuck them to a punched sun shape. Then added 12 brown swirls around the outside of that. The centre is made with a larger sun shape punched out of the blue/grey card, with 12 little brown 1/8" spots stuck on the tips. Finished with a 1/2" circle in the middle, and then mounted the whole thing on a green Nestability scalloped circle.
The card base is white linen textured card, and measures 15x10.5cm (4x6" approx). The blue/grey panel on the card is cuttlebugged with Divine Swirls and matted onto brown Bazzill Basics card. The background is Bazzill Bling Sunset. Pebbles Inc Rub-On greeting on a white linen card strip rounded with my corner rounder punch. Brads to finish.

6 comments:

Antje said...

wow, great idea to work with punches....really like it....very nice color choice ...and I looked through the other cards on your blog....geat work, very inspireing TFS

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I am so glad you played! Your medaillon looks fantastic! Wonderful card.
Have a great weekend. Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Love everything about this card Joanne....which punch did you use?

Minerva

Brooke S said...

I love all the 3-D flower on your blog title and on the challenge card.

stampmonkey said...

Your work is so fabulous! Lots of attention to detail.

Francien said...

Wauw what a good idea...you are so creative....your blog is a pleasure to look at over and over again.greetings Francien.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...