Monday 9 June 2008

5th Birthday Card

When I made this card for my brother-in-law last month, my daughter really liked the frogs, and asked if she could have them on her card. So, for her birthday this week, I have combined them with an alphabet stamp to make her name - conveniently three letters long!
The stamp is by Penny Black -Toadily Yours. I masked off the flowers they should be holding with sellotape whilst inking the stamp, then removed it to stamp the image. The letters and the butterfly are also by Penny Black, from the Zoophabet set. I stamped the letters in postion, then drew in the two strings with the fine nib of my black marker. I used Colour Box black pigment ink and then embossed with clear powder. Painted with water colour markers by transferring colour onto a plate, and then using a very fine brush. Hand doodling with a pink marker around the edge. Matted onto pink Bazzill and then on to Imaginesce patterned paper called For Peep's Sake/Pretty New Dress.
The wording is a Pebbles Inc white rub-on onto blue Bazzill. I used Ariel Rounded font to create the 5. Sized it and mirror imaged it in my drawing program, and then printed out onto white paper. I rough cut around the 5 and temporarily stuck it to the back of a small square of Bazzill, then cut around the outline and removed the paper template. The left half of the five is stuck flat on the image edge, and the right half has thin foam pads to raise it up enough to account for the thickness of the image layer plus the mat. The card measures approx. 6" (15.5cm) square.

post signature

6 comments:

Heather "Hev" said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday to Amy for next week :)

Anonymous said...

what an adorable card!

Arlene,
Puyallup flowers

Rebecca said...

The card is adorable! Thanks for the information on how to mask off part of the stamp. I'm a novice stamper and sometimes people assume everyone is as skilled as they are. We newbies need to be told the "tricks"!

Rosella said...

What a happy sweet card! Happy Birthday Amy!

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

I hope Amy had a great birthday :) Fab card :)

XxJULESxX said...

gorgeous fun card!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...