Wednesday 11 June 2008

Nellie 5th Birthday Card

Another 5th birthday card - this time for my in-laws to give to my daughter.
The image is Sitting Nellie, Stamped in Whisper Black ink, and coloured with watercolour pencils and an aqua brush. Cut out and mounted onto thin foam pads so that she sits just slightly higher than the 5.
I made the numeral using Ariel Rounded font. Used the computer to enlarge, mirror it, and print out. Rough cut around, then temporarily fixed it to the back of Bazzill Bling - may be 24 Karat, but am not sure. Cut out the 5, removed the template, and then ran it through my Cuttlebug in the Floral Fantasy folder.
The pink flowery backing paper is Pebbles Inc. - Party Time Girl Stripe/Flower, and the checked one is Doodlebug - Baby Girl Plaid.

I doodled a decorative border around the edge of the pink paper with an orange Soufflé pen. The flowers are made using an X-Cut punch - Flower Head with the checked paper, and a 1/4" hole punch with the pink paper for the centres. I shaped them with my embossing tool before assembling and sticking onto the card. This card is just a little bigger than A6 (approx 4x6").

post signature

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Joanne...I see Amy will soon be the proud owner of two great cards.

Minerva

Candace said...

awww those cards are just sooo cute!!!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Cute. I love the cb embossed number.

Jenny Burnett said...

Lovely card Joanne, as always.
Jenny

retiredheather said...

Love th flowers. Great card,,,happy birthday to your daughter.
Retired Heather

Deborah March said...

What a delightful card for a little girl!

Lin said...

What a beautiful, sweet card. Thank you so much for sharing and for explaining the steps.
Love from the USA, Lin

Anonymous said...

I love your 5 card!!!!! My granddaughter is going to be 7 in Sept. I will have to buy a number 7 and cover it!!!! Your paper colors are just perfect for a young girl's card and your flowers are lovely.

Thanks,
Joan
Maple Grove, MN.
gjgarlough@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Really gorgeous card and I just love the no tools flowers you make on your blog. Fabulous :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne

This card is really gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the details of how to make it.

kendellm1@optusnet.com.au

Tonniece said...

Super great card. The flowers and that number are awesom

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

So cute, lovely flowers :)

Anonymous said...

Is your daughters name really Nellie? My name is Joanne and that is my daughters name...only I live on the other side of the world to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...