Monday 16 June 2008

Be Inspired #17 Card

This is my card for Beate's BIC17.
I used Beetle Black Crushed Velvet cardstock by Doodlebug for the background, and the flower centres. The flowers are punched with an X-Cut punch called Flower Head from Chenille Flocked cardstock - Lily White, also by Doodlebug, and shaped with a ball tool as per yesterday's tutorial. Gives a really intense black and white contrast - difficult to pick up the velvety-ness though! If you enlarge the close-up shot you can see the pile a little bit on the flowers. I used a linen textured card for the stems and leaves, for the matting around the top black layer, and for the card base. To make the leaves, I punched out a five pointy petaled flower shape, and then cut off each petal like pie wedges. I shaped them with my character tool on the moulding mat before gluing next to the stems. The stems are just thin slivers of card cut with the paper trimmer, which twist by themselves if cut thin enough.

I used my 1/2" circle punch to shape the corners of the top layer, and painted white flat back pearls with a black permanent marker to match. Finished with a sheer white ribbon . The card is 10.5 x 21 cm (approx. 4 x 8 inches) .

post signature

16 comments:

Linda said...

This is beautiful! I also enjoyed your flower tutorial. tfs!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

This is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Yet another lovely card - so very simple but so nice. The flowers are quite stunning. TFS

Jenny Burnett said...

Striking card Joanne. I love your cards. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jenny x

artfulstampin said...

i love the contrasts, and even though I can't see the textures, I can imagine they really enhance the card, thank you for sharing.

Dolores said...

Wow, this is really rich looking. I bet that Velvet CS really added to it. Love your work.

Erum Tasneem said...

So simple, yet soooooo god damn beautiful! lol
Its gorgeous!

Lin said...

Hi Joanne,
This black & white card is just lovely. TFS and for where to find the papers & tools we will need. Love from the USA, Lin

Colleen said...

Another beautiful creation. Thank you sharing your talent with us. Love the tutorials . . . great detail.
Hugs,
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Very elegant, love it!

Janet Kay

Julie said...

Stunning, black and white is so dramatic, definitely gonna have a go at these flowers.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

WOW! You rocked that challenge. Pure ART! :0)

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Fab card, well done :)

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Simple and beautiful! VERY nice! I like ALL your work!

Anonymous said...

So cute again! Love the idea of using the flocked paper and punching it. Might have to try that. :)

Anonymous said...

This is stunning! Thank you for sharing how to make these little flowers, and all of your beautiful work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...