Saturday 21 June 2008

Art Impressions Scene

This is my first attempt at a view/scenery picture from Art Impressions stamps. I got the idea for it from an example card displayed at my local craft shop.
Using watercolour paper, first I washed on the background hills and sky, then added a little church surrounded by trees, and the birds. To do this I scribbled colour from watercolour markers onto a plate, and used small paintbrushes and water. The plants in the foreground, and the overhanging tree are made up of various Art Impressions stamps, all inked with watercolour markers, and stamped on once the background was dry.
The matting is all done onto Bazzill Basics. Some of the layers have had the edges slightly distressed. I used my 1/2" punch to do the corners of the darker brown layer, and painted brads with a dark brown permanent marker to match. The twill tape is threaded through slits I cut by punching out 1/16" holes and then joining them with my craft knife. I anchored it at the back with a piece of tape to stop it slipping out. The greeting is from my Woodware Francoise Read Tiny Phrases set. The card base is hammered textured cream card, and the card measures 15 x 10.5cm (approx 4 x 6").
Click for a closer look.

post signature

15 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

This is just beautiful!! I love your blog header! I am glad to have found your blog!

Jose said...

gorgeous card, well balanced picture and lovely colours

Brenda said...

Very Pretty!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Love all your art!

PattiM said...

Thats is a beautiful card, Joanne..... Amazing talent.... Can I borrow some of it... LOL

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!!!!

Erum Tasneem said...

Oh this is gorgeous! Your dirst attempt rocks! :)
Love your flowers tho, check my blog out and leave a comment, I have tried some.

Anonymous said...

Fab work!

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing it with us :)

The Rubber Maid said...

Your work is so beautiful. I haven't done punch art in ages but I decided to get the punches out and have a go at it after seeing you gorgous work.Glad I found your sight. Pat

Mada said...

Absolutely fabulous! Joanne you are one great artist. Thank you for sharing your awesome work and talent with us.
MadaRo (CoC)

Curt in Indy said...

This is beautiful! What a great card! I've got you linked from my blog so others can find you! Best, Curt

Katie said...

Hello Joanne
I just found your blog and it is wonderful! This card is stunning.
I love it!

Katie

CeeCee said...

What a beautiful card! You've created a wonderful scenery. So soft and serene! Love it, love it!
CC

Nicola said...

Sooo beautiful and tranquil!! Welldone, it is just perfect!!
Nicola.xx

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Breathtaking. That is an incredible scene. It looks like a watercolour painting. It should be framed! WOW! :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...