Friday 27 June 2008

Touch of Nature Trio

After this one, I think I'll have to do something other than a group of 3 flowers!

For this card I have used the Touch of Nature set from Stampin' Up. Such lovely flowers, and so easy to get them to look good! I just inked up the stamp with red on the flower and green on the stem. I stamped the flower image twice on post it notes so that it was partly over the sticky part. Then cut them out and used to mask off each of the first two flowers so that I could layer them. Then used the blender pen to draw the colour off the stamped image and fill in the flower. Added a little yellow to the centre, which combined with the red ink already there has turned a little orange. Once the image was finished I cut it to size, then embossed with a Nestability square die. Chalked the edge and matted onto green card.
The background is stamped with red ink onto the red card using the fern leaf stamp. Used my 1/2" circle punch to shape the corners, and then matted onto more green card. The 'brads' are 1/4" circles punched from card stamped with the flower centre and coloured in using the blender pen. Then embossed a little from the back to make them cup slightly. You can see them better if you click on the image to enlarge. All mounted on to a pre-scored cream card base. The reason for not using real brads is that this card is for a challenge on In Love With Stamping which is to use only stamps and card - no embellishments are allowed.

post signature

6 comments:

Janine said...

I have this set and I love the way you have used it.

Unknown said...

I have this set too and i love every stamp in it as they are so versatile. I love the colours you have used Joanne, simply stunning!
cheers
Michelle

Fiona said...

Lovely card - I love the idea of grouping the flowers together - now why didn't I think of that! LOL!

Unknown said...

Ooo I have looked at this set many times and it always looks boring but you have given it some life by using colour, love it. I just had a quick look at your blog too, fabulous.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

But three flowers look SO great! LOVE the colours and the way you layered them. :0)

LeAnne said...

Another beauty. This is one of my absolute favorite sets and I am so mad it is retiring! It is just so versatile. I love how you have masked and stamped the three flowers, very elegant! I have been away from your blog too long!
LeAnne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...