Sunday 17 January 2010

At last - a card!


Ingredients:

Card/Paper: Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Tea Party Designer Paper
Ink: Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, Whisper White Craft Ink
Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly, Oval All, Vintage Labels
Other: White Gel Pen, Certainly Celery 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon
Card Size: 13.5cm x 13.5cm (approx 5" x 5")

Method:

Hope you were sitting down when you discovered there was a card on my blog! Not much card making has been going on here for a while, so as I made one yesterday I thought I ought to pop it on. This is for my eldest daughter's birthday tomorrow.

The background is both sides of the same piece of designer paper. I used the Eyelet Border punch to make the lacey strip behind the ribbon. On the punched oval I used my Certainly Celery marker to ink up just the flower part of the Oval All stamp, so that I could then stamp the Happy Birthday in place of the greeting that should have been there.

For the three little green flowers at the top of the card, I stamped the single flower from Flight of the Butterfly in Whisper White Craft ink onto the designer paper to give me a white base - onto which I coloured with a Certainly Celery marker, and finally outlined with a white gel pen.


post signature

9 comments:

Unknown said...

very pretty card and lovely colours.

Paula
xx

Merry said...

Such a pretty card...really like how you did the inside to match the outside of the card.

Julie said...

Worth waiting for, Joanne! Colours are so fresh and pretty together! Hope your daughter has a lovely birthday! Juliex

Ali Watson said...

Joanne this is gorgeous, love the papers. Fresh and clean perfect for Spring coming.

Rose said...

I love those cards! I need to start working on valentine day items... I'm behind, as always!

kavitha said...

hi,
i am great fan of al ur works,and i really miss ur works these days.
happy to see you back in action.
thats a lovely card
kavi

Mad Mary said...

Stunning card inside and out Joanne. Love the colour combo too and a very happy birthday to your daughter today, she will love her card.

Mary xx

Kristie Maynard said...

Very pretty! I especially love how you did the inside of the card!

CindyLous News said...

I love this card! Especially the color combo! My favorite for several years has been Old Olive and Eggplant. This is very much the same but softer! I love it!
Thank you for your inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...