Friday 31 October 2008

Three Little Kittens



Ingredients:

Card/Paper: Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Close to Cocoa Whisper White
Ink: Black, Chocolate Chip & Pumpkin Pie markers
Other: Google Eyes, Stampin' Pastels

Method:

I made this card for my Nephew's fourth birthday today. He likes cats, and their cat had kittens a few weeks ago - two ginger and one dark brown - all stripy. My five year old spotted that they are those kittens, so hoping he will too!

The card base is Bashful Blue, and I cut a couple of Old Olive strips for the grass - trimming the top edges with deckle edge scissors. The tree trunks were freehand cut from Chocolate Chip, and stuck behind the grass layer. I punched Scalloped circles from Old Olive to make the tree tops, and 1/4" Ruby Red circles for the apples. The bird is made using a 3/4" circle and little strips created using the Round Tab Punch. Legs drawn with black marker.

The cats are made using 1 3/8", 1 1/4", 1", 1/2" circles, and the Five Petal Flower punch. The edges of the pieces were shaded a little using the chalks, and stripes and facial features drawn in with markers. Google Eyes to finish.

post signature

11 comments:

Abi Bundy said...

wow what a neat idea love it tfs

Ruth M said...

Joanne, how clever to be able to come up with cats, trees and a bird with some punches - ingenious! Sweet card, I love it!

Michelle Tech said...

I love these cute little kitties! Great job!

Jackie said...

Those are just adorable!

Kate Lewis said...

So creative - love it! K x

Unknown said...

What a fun card, love it!

Anonymous said...

Too darned cute, I bet your nephew loved the card!

Karen said...

Lovely love your flowers too. I've left an award for you over on my blog.

xx

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've just had a birthday and wish i'd got a card like this! can you do bunnies too? Must try. Do you know I have some googly eyes and never know why-what could i do with them? Now I know-and I will try the bunnies!

Crafting Queen said...

Just in love!Love those ginger cats.
wonderful

The Country Rose said...

Those little kittens are so cute! Thanks for sharing how you made them!

Barb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...