Saturday 11 October 2008

Totally Tabs Handbags


Ingredients:

Card/Paper: Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal, Chocolate Chip
Stamps: Totally Tabs, Sincere Salutations, Season of Joy
Other: Soft Subtles Brads, Certainly Celery 5/8" Grosgrain ribbon

Method:

The idea for the handbags is one that I saw on someone's blog, but sadly I have lost the link. They are made from the Stampin' Up Round Tab punch, and stamped with three of the stamps from the Totally Tabs stamp set. The handles were made using two circle punches - 3/4" and 1" in diameter to create a narrow curved strip. The pointed flap is made from a 1" heart punch - folded over the top of the bag so that the point is on the front. A 1" circle for the flap on the middle bag, and a freehand cut strip with a rounded end for the flap on the right hand bag. I used my new Scallop edge punch from Stampin' Up to do the edge of the Chocolate Chip card. You can't see very well, but the vanilla card squares behind the handbags have been stamped with the swirl stamp from Season of Joy with Versamark and embossed with clear powder. They were cut and dry embossed with a Nestability square die. The flowers at the bottom of the card are stamped with the same stamp as the green bag. Finished with a greeting from Sincere Salutations.

post signature

13 comments:

Monica Gale said...

Your little bags are so sweet Joanne, love the different looks. M xxx

Emma said...

Beautiful as always, I love the subtle flowers at the bottom edge as well.

Anonymous said...

I love it Jo!! they are so cute - I will have to show the ladies at the craft group I go to - they already love this punch after they saw owls made with it they will be in heaven now!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that is just darling and so creative, love the way you have decorated the handbags, pretty colors!

Hayley said...

wow these are stunning
x

Pea said...

They are so adorable!

Sue said...

This card is so cute and I love the way you have done the handbags, so different from the norm.

jay670120 said...

cute card love the colours

LeAnne said...

I love this every time I see them made and I STILL haven't done it myself! What an adorable card!
LeAnne

Kate Lewis said...

This is gorgeous, it's such a great use of the tab punch! TFS Kate x

Lori Craig said...

Darling...

Jacki Marie said...

how cute!

The Country Rose said...

My gosh- those are just adorable little purses!!! Love them! Thanks for the instructions on how to make them too :).

Barb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...