Thursday 24 July 2008

Gift Box with Cards


Ingredients:

Card/Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Lavender Lace, Certainly Celery Designer Paper
Ink: Certainly Celery, Lavender Lace
Stamps: Garden Silhouettes, Sincere Salutations
Other: Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots folder
Card Size: 9.5 x 9.5cm, 3.75 x 3.75"


Method:

There are twelve cards in this set - two sets of six the same, except for the ones with greetings on have a variety of greetings. I inked the stamps with markers in order to get different colours for the flowers and leaves. On the cards without greetings, the image was finished with hand doodled lines around the edge, then matted onto the lavender card. Embossed the green layer with Swiss Dots. On the cards with the greetings, after stamping the image, I sponged around the edges with Certainly Celery, before distressing slightly with scissors. Matted onto lavender, and then onto a square of Certainly Celery Designer Paper. I stamped the envelopes to match the cards.

I made the box from some white 12 x 12 medium weight card that I had. A very easy design to make, and tailor to the size of the cards. I decorated the sides and top of the lid with pieces of designer paper, and stamped both of the flower images to coordinate with the cards inside.

The cards and box were pretty quick to make, and I am hoping that the intended recipient will like them! Click on the picture if you want a closer look.

post signature

12 comments:

Tracy.H said...

These are so pretty! :0)

Anonymous said...

i love these!

arlene,
University Place florist

Anonymous said...

what a great gift.....i am sure they will be much loved...

Minerva

Anonymous said...

These are indeed lovely and a great gift. Only problem, how did U make the box?? Thanks, Valda

jandokan said...

I love these cards and with the box it's an awesome gift:)

If you check out my blog, I got an award for you!!

Hugs Anja
Be smart, make art.
janja'sblog

Anonymous said...

How beautiful. I love the colors. What a great gift idea, thank you.

CeeJays Craft Central said...

What a fantastic gift for a lucky recipient. They will love them for sure. You have given me a great idea for an up and coming birthday for a friend of mine

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

OH MY Goodness....what an AWESOME gift idea!!....A wonderful inspiration to make up & have on hand....just in case!....Thanks for sharing....creative blessings, Debbie

Carol said...

Thay're beautiful
:)

Janette said...

Absolutely fabulous
TFS
Janette

Anonymous said...

Oh Joanne, what a lovely gift! That is gonna be one lucky recipient!!! :)

Sue said...

These are so beautiful and so very well created. I would be absolutely over the moon if I received those.
I have left an award for you on my blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...