Thursday 17 April 2008

Hedgehog in the Meadow

Why is it that I've known all year that I needed this card for tomorrow, but I only made it today? Typical of me - wish I could get out of that habit!

I don't have any Prima type flowers - I know shocking! - so having decided that I wanted some on this card, I made my own. I used the smallest size of my classic scallop circle Nestability dies and cut the shapes out of a very textured, soft, handmade style paper. I marked the centre, and then cut in between every other scallop towards the centre, stopping about 1/4 of an inch away. Then I used a smallish ball embossing tool to shape the petals, and finally added a flat backed pearl to finish.


The stamp is by Penny Black - Buzz in the Air! I coloured it with a mixture of Twinkling H2Os and watercolour pencils and markers. I have to combine at the moment, as I don't have many colours of any one type. I gave the hedgehog some grass to sit on using some Art Impressions grass and tiny flowers stamps inked up with watercolour markers. Then washed around them with a waterbrush to blend and fill in the gaps. The happy birthday is a rub-on by Pebbles.

6 comments:

Julia said...

I've just found your blog through Caz and you make some lovely cards! I can't believe you actually made those flowers yourself, they look really fab!

Jo said...

This card is beautiful and the image is so cute. The flowers are wonderful...you're so clever....you should start selling them!!

Unknown said...

Hi Joanne

I would love to feature this card and your beautiful flowers on the Inspirational blog, http://inspirationalcraftblogs.blogspot.com/

Let me know what you think, phil@phil14alex.freeserve.co.uk

Hugs

Alex xx
www.sillybirds.blogspot.com

pickle said...

Hi,
Just stumbled across your blog whilst hopping.
I will definitely be back you make stunning card.
I love this one and the flowers are just fab.
This was one of the first stamps i ever got and he's still one of my favourites.
he's so cute.
kerry x

Janette said...

I love this card...I found your blog whilst blog hopping.
The flowers are just FAB I must try that TFS
www.cardsandchat.blogspot.com
Hugs
Janette

liannallama said...

what a darling card! Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...