Friday 16 September 2011

Cherry Cobbler Flowers

Card/Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla

Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive

Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Cheer and Wishes

Other: Scallpo Trim Border Punch

Card Size: 15cm x 10.5cm (approx 4" x 6")


This is a stampers ten make and take that we did a while back. One of my favourite sets, I love the flowers on this set, and the leafy flourish. The flowers were stamped on to scrap, cut out and then given a little shaping before fixing to the card. Below I have shown two options for finishing the centre of the large flower. The first one is more practical for posting, with just a little shaped circle inverted over a blob of pva. The second has stamens made by snipping a strip of card into a fine fringe, then rolling up and spreading the fringing to make a much more dimensional centre.

a little stamping to finish off inside . . .



A couple of days ago, I think I somehow pinched a nerve in my back or hip, and was in a lot of pain, and was having trouble bending, sitting down and standing up. I was very slowly and painfully working my way out of bed a couple of mornings ago, and saying to Amy (8 years old) that I was like an old woman. Her reply: "Well, you're kind of old - you are 50!"

Feeling much better now though. This afternoon I leaned forward whilst sitting at my desk, and felt something go twang - all of a sudden the pain and stiffness was vastly reduced, so guess whatever was pinched is un-pinched now . . . thank goodness!

post signature

6 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

This is lovely Joanne - it's made me want to get my Vintage Vogue set out! I love the layering of the leafy flourish and the dimensional flowers, and the inside of the card is finished beautifully. Glad you managed (somehow!) to sort out the pinched nerve - those things are horribly painful! Vx

Unknown said...

Joanne that card is very sweet and looks so easy to achieve.
Take Care Vee xx

Claire said...

This is a really pretty card Joanne - love what you have done with the flowers and the matching inside too - just gorgeous. Hugs, Claire x

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, love the rich color of the flowers, pretty stamping and the fringe center is neat.... don't you just hate those pinch nerves and how you just have to wait for it to work its way out

Linny said...

Beautiful card, its so good to see you adding your cards again. A lot of inspiration, thank you. Linda x

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Stunning simply stunning!

Ali x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...