Saturday 19 July 2008

Many Tiny Petals

I went to another floral punch craft class with Jane Gill at the Glitter Pot today. As always, had a great time shaping and sticking little pieces of paper together in their lovely bright class room, with lunch in the sun on the patio. The day flashed past all too quickly. Today we made camellia and azalea flowers. The azalea flowers were made from printer paper, painted using ink from a marker scribbled onto a tile and picked up with a paintbrush. They took a while to paint and dry, so we just made the flowers - they still need a card.

The camellias are made from a cream coloured paper. The larger petals started off as balloon shapes, and the little ones in the centre started off as daisies. You have to cut apart all the petals, shape them and then poke them individually into a blob of silicon glue. Kept us quiet for a while - well, relatively quiet! Jane tells us that there were 128 of them - I'll take her word as I can't count that high! The leaves for both flowers are made from the same green paper, but those on the camellia have been painted with a varnish to make them glossy. We made an oriental themed card designed by Jane to put the camellias on.
Thanks to Jane for a really enjoyable day, and to the ladies in the class for the great company!

Jane now has a blog - Flower Girl. She has only just started it, so only one card on at the time of writing, but it's definitely a blog to keep an eye on in the future!


post signature

18 comments:

Gill said...

So pleased you have a blog to put the flowers on made today with Jane. Our efforts were worth while when the results look so impressive. A lovely class and good company. Look forward to seeing a completed card with the azaleas! See you again soon I hope.

Jak Heath said...

Oh this is wonderful Joanne, I expect you bumped into Peejay at the class I'm certain she was heading over there, I often pop onto your blog to see what you've been up to at class.

Judy Rozema said...

WOW!! I am in awe!!!

Jose said...

Gorgeous work again!

Kelly L said...

Wowwww, these are so life-like. Very beautiful. I definitely enjoy seeing your beautiful creations.

Tracy.H said...

All I can say is...WOW!! You are amazing! :0)

retiredheather said...

I am so impressed. What fantastic flowers. I love the card...fantastic as well.

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous!!! You did a fabulous job! TFS

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh! These have to be the most gourgeous punched flowers I have ever seen. I admire your work so much. I love punching but you are the master.
Rita

Anonymous said...

Fantastic flowers!! ant chance you would share with a tutorial or let us know which punches you used, pretty please.

Ann

Anonymous said...

Joanne, these flowers are BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't wait to see the pink one on a card!!!

Creative Rumblings said...

Absolutely gorgeous flowers. Thanks for such a lovely post.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my these are just beautiful, it must feel so good when they are done and you can look at them and say I made that!!!!

wintersparkle said...

these are stunning would it be ok to add you to my blog list

Curt in Indy said...

These are remarkable! I'm so impressed! Best, Curt

Francien said...

That must have bin a lot of work but the resut is absolutly stunning..such beautifull flowers.....and the card from Jane looks very pretty too..
greetings Francien.

Anonymous said...

Amazingly lifelike and far prettier than any silk flowers I've seen. What a fun class this must have been!

Anonymous said...

These flowers are gorgeous! I happen to stumble across your card on SCS and followed it to your blog! Now I need to go back and see the rest of your gallery! I love the way you are creating those flowers!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...