Monday 30 November 2009

Snowflake Flower Topped Bauble

This is the final one of the cards from the class last Wednesday. It's the one we did in the morning, and all the flowers are made from punched snowflakes. The bauble is cut from Bazzill using a circle die, and then stamped with a flourish stamp using Versamark and heat embossed with gold powder. A little bit of sponging in brown around the edges to give a bit of dimension. The top 'hanger' part of the bauble is a circle punched out of gold card - I did trim the bottom of it using a fancy border punch, and was quite pleased with how it looked - but then ended up covering it with the flowers! The fern leaf is a Leone Em punch. The centres of the flowers are either red or gold Stickles, or gold liquid pearls.

We had a bit of extra time, so made a tag to match.

post signature

Sunday 29 November 2009

Watercoloured Lilac Butterfly

This is another card from my class at the Glitter Pot last week. It uses a different butterfly from the same Hero Arts set, which has been coloured using markers scribbled onto a tile, and the colour picked up with a water brush. I then added some extra black lines and dots with the fine point of a marker, and some lilac gems. The photo doesn't show it very well, but the butterfly has been cut out, and the wings popped up in the same way as the one on yesterday's card.
The background was stamped using a flourish stamp and lilac ink - stamped off once first to make it paler. I drew the butterfly trail lightly in pencil, then added the black dots before erasing the pencil line.

Finished off with a strip of lilac card, stripy Doodlebug paper punched with a Martha Stewart punch, and a gorgeous sheer lilac ribbon with swirls printed on it.

Sadly, I did a bad job with my photography on the cards from this class, and I no longer have them as they have been left behind in the shop on display. This card is much fresher and prettier looking than the photo shows!

post signature

Saturday 28 November 2009

Paper Pieced Butterfly and Flowers

This is one of the cards the ladies made at my class at the Glitter Pot on Wednesday. It uses Hero Arts stamps and My Mind's Eye Beloved papers. The flower image is stamped onto white card, and the leaves painted using a watercolour marker scribbled onto a tile, and then a water brush to pick up the colour. The stamped image includes the frame, and after painting the whole thing was cut out using scissors, and trimming around the leaves and flowers where they project beyond the frame. The flowers are paper pieced using the same designer paper as the backing for the card. The larger flower was cut out twice so that it could be layered - had a little bit of shaping as well with an embossing tool.

The butterfly is also paper pieced - the hearts on the inner wings are the reverse of the yellow polka dot paper. His body and antennae were inked up using a black marker, and stamped on the background before sticking on the cut out image with the wings popped up. See here for how I like to pop up my butterfly wings.

Finished off with some doodling around the edges, a punched lace strip, some stripy sheer ribbon, and three little punched hearts with clear gem centres. Click on the image to enlarge for more detail.

post signature

Tuesday 17 November 2009

75th Birthday Flowers

Card/Paper: Apricot Appeal, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery, Scraps of plain yellow and plain burgundy paper from stash

Ink: Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Versamark, Apricot Appeal
Stamps: Bella Toile, Sanded
Other: Clear Embossing Powder, Pearls from Pretties Kit, 5/8 " Very Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon
Card Size: 15cm x 21cm (approx 6" x 8.25")

Click on the image for a closer look.

I thought perhaps I would be forgiven for the long absence in posting, if I showed you a card with lots of flowers on! It was my mum's 75th Birthday last weekend, and this is the card I made for her. So behind that I was sticking in the insert five minutes before she walked in the front door . .. and it only had half a box to go home in because I messed up the measurements and didn't allow for the extra height of the main flower!

The paper I used for the main flower was some peachy/yellow scraps which I sponged with Pretty in Pink ink. Having done that, the colour almost exactly matches the Apricot Appeal card, which was a happy accident! I used the SU Scalloped Circle punch, and punched out a few circles which I then cut into 3 and 4 scallop segments. These were shaped and stuck onto an EK success six petal flower to make a few layers. I can't remember exactly now, but I think there were about five, plus three extra petals in the centre to finish. I used the same six petal flower punch to make the burgundy flowers, with little Woodware snowflakes for the centres. The tiny flowers are from a Woodware multi flower punch, punched from Very Vanilla and shaped and stuck to narrow strips of Old Olive in groups of three. The centres were simply coloured in with an Apricot Appeal marker. The leaves are a fern punch from Leone Em, and a leaf die from Sissix. Cut from Certainly Celery, and Old Olive and then shaped and sponged to give some character. Couple of little Woodware butterflies in the burgundy paper to finish off.

The Very Vanilla background has been stamped with the Bella Toile background stamp, and heat embossed with clear powder. The Old Olive layer has been stamped with Versamark and the Sanded background. No heat embossing though - I just wanted something subtle to take the plainness off the card.

Here's a close-up (click to enlarge) where you can see more detail of the Bella Toile and Sanded stamping.

post signature

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...